Brainlabs Grad Scheme
So, you’re interested in the Brainlabs grad scheme?
Fantastic! Here’s the deal.
Let’s get started with a bit of background. We are a PPC agency and tech provider who get a kick out of using data and automation to make revolutionary improvements to businesses. Founded in 2012 by a couple of Oxford grads, Brainlabs has since gone from success to success and have plenty awards to show for it, with best large PPC agency in Europe and been voted Sunday Times’ Top 100 Small Companies to work for (winning a special award for wellbeing) already under our belt. We work with some amazing clients, including UNICEF, JustGiving, Expedia and Deliveroo. Our home is the vibrant hub of Old Street and each Brainlabber’s role is complete with many wonderful perks. It’s hard to get tired of free breakfasts, lunches, exercise classes, socials, gym subsidies, travel ticket loans, eye tests…. the list goes on!
And now we’re accepting applications for our Spring, Summer and Autumn 2018 intakes!
So, we’re famed for being a pretty great place to work and our grad scheme definitely lives up to that hype. We’ve run several grad schemes in our time and we’ve learnt some golden rules along the way:
- Why not throw grads into the deep end? Alongside the fantastic support network we provide, there’s nothing wrong with a challenge!
- Culture fit is key. It’s not only important to find someone who will rock the roles we have on offer but in order to thrive at Brainlabs aligning with our values is also hugely important. So if you’re positive, collaborative, love to learn and have a thing for processes… then keep reading!
- If the perks don’t make it clear enough already, we’re keen to cultivate an environment where everyone’s excited to come into work. Take a peek at our handbook if you want to learn more about how we roll.
Okay, now onto the serious stuff. We aren’t one of those grad schemes where you’ll faff around for 2 years dipping your toes into every role under the sun. Here at Brainlabs you’re streamed from Day 1, so you don’t rotate around departments, and instead get stuck into the role you’re passionate about straight away. However, irrelevant to the stream you’re keen for, all grads will receive two months worth of world class training to get you set. The first two weeks will be much more Brainlabs general, including an introduction to each department to learn how we all work together and some all important team bonding. Beyond the first two weeks, the training will become much more role specific. So, via lectures, ‘homeworks’ and being thrown in the deep end with your work mentor we’ll make sure you’re on track to be a boss at the permanent roll that follows.
So now that you’re sold on how we work let’s see how you can get involved!
Your role will encompass all aspects of your client’s accounts. From building bespoke campaigns from scratch, to analysing their performance and communicating their success to your clients. On the data side, this will involve constant testing and optimisation to ensure your accounts are smashing it, all aided by the custom-built in-house tools created by our remarkable tech department. On the client side, you need to be on the ball with organising your time around their needs, and your communication skills will need to be tip-top in order to explain some pretty complicated stuff to people who aren’t necessarily specialists. You’ll be in constant contact, explaining what incredible work you’re doing on the phone, over email and through presentations.
What you need: Excel skillz (although we can help with that) and a knack for dealing with people. The role will be split between client facing and campaign building and testing so if you’ve got smashing skills in those areas get involved!
PS – so you don’t have a hugely mathematical background? Don’t be put off! Our excel training is top notch.
We have Account Management roles available for start dates from January 2019 onwards.
Think of our Tech Team as the engine that powers Brainlabs. From building tools to wow-ing our clients, our talented Tech Team are vital in the smooth running of all things digital marketing. Not yet a coding master? Fear not! We’ve got you covered. At Bl we teach coding skills from scratch – all we need from you is the passion to learn! Let’s take a look at the three fantastic roles we have to offer:
1. Software Developer: Got a passion for problem solving? Great, so do we! We have a number of roles to develop your software engineering skills, from our terrific team of infrastructure developers to our end-to-end software specialists who take a project from idea stage to completion. Plus, you’ll also be the brains behind what we do best: automation.
2. Technical Account Manager: Keen to combine your client facing skills with your coding mastery? Look no further! The Brainlabs’ Technical Account Manager role provides you with the perfect balance. You can expect a 50-50 split between client facing and technical work as you’ll be working to understand clients’ problems and build or provide solutions using our technology. This role combines elements of software developing and analysis, as well as an overarching emphasis on client communication. Perfect if you love the world of technology and want everyone to know it!
What you need: Proactive programming mastery (we like the kind of people who are doing their own projects at home) and problem solving prowess. Plenty of p’s there.. get aPPlying!
We have Software Developer roles available for start dates from January 2019 onwards.
You’ll be working right alongside the senior team and get to see the running of Brainlabs from the perspective of those who made it what it is today. You’ll be doing everything from collaborating and advising on our directors’ big ideas for Brainlabs to designing, improving and implementing processes. As a result, your day-to-day tasks will be incredibly varied, so you’ll need to be willing and able to jump on board with anything.
What you need: Previous office experience (this is a must!), tip top organisation and time-management skills, a basic understanding of Excel and bundles of enthusiasm!
We are looking for a Project Manager who is available to start in our September or November intakes in 2018